The 4th edition of this iconic running shoe turns the normal image of refinement on it’s head. Lightweight, highly cushioned and with monster grip on soft trail conditions, the Salomon Speedcross 4 delivers more raw fun than ever.
Available for both women and men, the Salomon Speedcross 4 promises aggressive grip, precise foothold and lightweight protection whenever it’s about training or racing on clean or mixed weather conditions. The manufacturer states this product is a good fit for athletes using it for more than two times a week. Caution: for maintenance reasons, their use is not recommended on wet and dirty terrain, although the Salomon Speedcross 4 provides mud guard with the protective material all around the base of the shoe.
The molded EVA shaped footbed sockliner provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support. The OrthoLite sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning.
The upper material consists in anti-debris mesh made of water resistant textile which avoid debris to be trapped between your foot and the footbed.
- Agressive Grip: Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground
- Precise Foothold: Close-to-foot and comfortable feel
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Inner Material: Textile
- Sole: Gum Rubber
- Closure: Speed-Laces
- Heel Type: Flat
- Lightweight Protection: Just enough to provide protection for technical trail running
- Outsole: Wet Traction Contagrip
- Misole: Molded EVA / Lightweight Muscle / injected EVA
- Traction: Contagrip sole and 6mm lugs for soft challenging terrain
- Cushioning: Lightweight muscle foam for a balance between cushioning and low weight
- Fit: Sensifit reinforcements and Quicklace quick lacing system for precise shoes
- Wild vegetation resistance: Anti-debris mesh and reinforcements to protect from slight shocks
- Sizes: From 6.5 to 12
- Weight: 310g in size 9
- Drop: 10mm height difference between the back and front of the sole
- Lace pocket: The tongue pocket is used to store laces so they don’t get caught in vegetation or come undone
- Outer sole: 30.00% Rubber – Synthetic, 70.00% Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Upper: 50.00% Polyurethane (PU), 50.00% Polyamide
- Lining and sock: 100.00% Polyester (PES)
- Hand wash. Do not dry clean. Do not tumble dry.
- Use some newspaper to remove any excess moisture between running sessions
- Not recommended for ball sports